PLUS is a consortium of libraries in the county, Columbiana, East Palestine, Salem, Wellsville and Lepper that have merged their check out systems. What is great about that is you can now request materials from any of the four other libraries and have them delivered here to check out. If you have questions, let us know.
Hoopla is digital content that is always available, no holds list. It includes eBooks, Digital Audiobooks, Streaming Videos, Streaming Music and Comics. The content can be streamed or downloaded to your device. All you need is a Lepper Library Card and you can check out 10 items a month. You will need to log on and make an account using your library card number and PIN. If you have any problems contact us at 330-424-3117.
Think you are a Lego Master Builder? Check out our Facebook and Instagram page each Thursday for a new Lego Building Challenge. Then share a photo or short video of your creation with us. All Ages.
Need something to read?!? Check out Ms. Kathy’s Facebook Post each Friday as she shares stories that are bound to get you hooked. Ages 9 through teens.
The Children’s Librarian Kathy Dotson has a live online Storytime on our Facebook page. The stories are every Wednesday at 11:00 am.
10/7 – Harvest Time 10/14 – Things That Go
10/21 – Night Animals 10/28 – Storytime Spooktacular
Can’t make it at that time, no problem, they are recorded for you to watch later. Lepper Library Facebook
The Library is open to patrons! We have modified hours of:
Monday & Thursday 9:00 am – 8:00 pm, Tuesday & Wednesday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, and Friday & Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
We are open using the CDC and Ohio Department of Health’s guidelines, along with the Battelle Study on library materials handling.
- *Minimum 6 feet between people (social distancing).
- *We require patrons to wear a face covering.
- *Patrons returning library materials are asked to use the book drops.
- *Returned materials will go through a 6 day quarantine period before being checked in by staff, cleaned and returned to shelves.
- *Maximum capacity of public at any one time to be 20 people.
- *Patrons may bring no food or drinks in building.
- *Book aisles limited to one person per aisle at any one time.
- *Public restrooms and water fountains will remain closed to the public.
- *Patrons age 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult and stay with the adult during the visit.
- *Plexiglas panels are in place at the circulation and librarian desks.
- *Computer usage will be limited to 1 hour per patron per day. Computers will be cleaned between patrons. Only 4 computers will be used to maintain social distancing. Staff can only help minimally with computers.
- *High touch surfaces throughout the library will be cleaned multiple times during open hours by staff.
- *Faxing and copying will be done by staff.
- *Notary services will be done by staff.
- *We will encourage patrons to come enjoy our services, but only remain in the building for an hour or so. We are limiting visit length.
- *Very limited seating and tables will be available for patrons.
- *All upcoming programs will be online to maintain social distancing and mass gatherings. There will be no in person programs at this time.
- *Public meeting rooms are unavailable at this time.
- *All toys and computers in the children’s area have been removed.
If patrons have any symptoms or are sick, please to not enter the building. We have continued our curbside service for patrons who are still uncomfortable in public spaces or are at risk.
Mama P’s Spaghetti & Meatballs
Nothing says fall like a good home cooked meal! Join Angel as she serves up a simple spaghetti and meatball recipe sure to warm your body and soul.
Mama P’s Spaghetti and Meatballs
Spaghetti Sauce Ingredients:
Medium onion diced
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 large can stewed tomatoes in sauce
1 large Prego sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large pot on medium heat olive oil, onion, and garlic to release flavor for about 5 minutes.
- Add Prego sauce, stewed tomatoes bay leaf, black pepper simmer on low heat for 2 -3 hours, stirring occasionally.
1 pound ground beef
Grated parmesan cheese
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl with hands to a firm, but mushy consistency.
- Using a medium scoop or your hands round small amounts of mixture into meatballs placing on a microwave safe plate lined with paper towels.
- Microwave meatballs for 2 minutes, then turning and microwaving for 2 more minutes to brown on the outside.
- Blot microwaved meatballs on a paper towel to absorb excess grease and drop into prepared sauce.
- Simmer in sauce for 21/2 to 3 hours.
When sauce and meatballs are ready prepare spaghetti noodles according to package directions, serve with garlic bread and salad!
Join Ms. Kathy on faceBook as she shows you how to Read a Recipe.
This TeenTober join Ms. Kathy as she explains how to read a recipe and shows you how to make super yummy dessert. Ages 10-teens.
While we are temporarily closed you can keep track of the books you read to you child and sign when we reopen. Just write down the author and title of the books as you read them. The sign up your child in the national campaign here at Lepper Library to read 1000 books before they start Kindergarten. This is a great way to get them Kindergarten ready and it is free! Children get incentives along the way and a gift at the completion. Sign up anytime in the Children’s Department.