Need a little help coming up with fun skill-building activities your little one will enjoy? Starting in January the Lepper Library will provide a monthly calendar packed with learning activities, nursery rhymes and more. Join Ms. Kathy as she shows how you can use these and other items from the library with your little ones.
Lepper Library Facebook
Join us on Zoom for discussion on anything that relates to writing. Call in and leave your email and we will send you a link to the meeting.
Lepper Library Facebook
How it works, the staff will offer curbside delivery of library materials to established patrons. A Lepper Library cardholder can request items in three different ways:
Requests will require an hour in advance to gather and prepare for delivery. Patrons will park, stay in their vehicle and call the library at the time of their arrival. Staff will bring the materials out to the vehicle. Patrons will show their state ID to the staff. Materials to be returned can be placed in the appropriate drop box at the back of the building. Returned materials will be held in quarantine for up to 6 days before also being disinfected. Late fines will not be collected at this time. The building is open to the public.
Download the app Libby by Overdrive to get free ebooks from the Library. If you have trouble call 330-424-3117.
This free program helps prepare your pre-K child for school, so sign them up today. Your child will receive a free book once they’ve completed the program. Sign up anytime in the Children’s Department.
Watch for surprise Pop-Up Programs on Facebook during the month! We will have a virtual Library Tour this month.
Lepper Library Facebook
The Library is open to patrons! We have modified hours of:
Monday & Thursday 9:00 am – 8:00 pm, Tuesday & Wednesday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, and Friday & Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
We are open using the CDC and Ohio Department of Health’s guidelines, along with the Battelle Study on library materials handling.
- *Minimum 6 feet between people (social distancing).
- *We require patrons to wear a face covering.
- *Patrons returning library materials are asked to use the book drops.
- *Returned materials will go through a 6 day quarantine period before being checked in by staff, cleaned and returned to shelves.
- *Maximum capacity of public at any one time to be 20 people.
- *Patrons may bring no food or drinks in building.
- *Book aisles limited to one person per aisle at any one time.
- *Public restrooms and water fountains will remain closed to the public.
- *Patrons age 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult and stay with the adult during the visit.
- *Plexiglas panels are in place at the circulation and librarian desks.
- *Computer usage will be limited to 1 hour per patron per day. Computers will be cleaned between patrons. Only 4 computers will be used to maintain social distancing. Staff can only help minimally with computers.
- *High touch surfaces throughout the library will be cleaned multiple times during open hours by staff.
- *Faxing and copying will be done by staff.
- *Notary services will be done by staff.
- *We will encourage patrons to come enjoy our services, but only remain in the building for an hour or so. We are limiting visit length.
- *Very limited seating and tables will be available for patrons.
- *All upcoming programs will be online to maintain social distancing and mass gatherings. There will be no in person programs at this time.
- *Public meeting rooms are unavailable at this time.
- *All toys and computers in the children’s area have been removed.
If patrons have any symptoms or are sick, please to not enter the building. We have continued our curbside service for patrons who are still uncomfortable in public spaces or are at risk.
We encourage you to take a virtual stroll through this gallery to view the students’ work, access digital book titles, and link to the work of professional artists. We are proud of the creativity, imagination, and meaningful connections students have expressed in their work. Enjoy! 4th Grade Virtual Gallery 5th Grade Virtual Gallery
Email or Call RJ for help!
Basic assistance offered via email to help navigate your technologies in an easier manner. This assistance offers basic usability and setup of such device functions as the following:
Facebook accounts – email setup – eBooks – Skype – Streaming – General use – etc.
Email RJ at email@example.com or call 330-424-3117 with your questions.
Under the Digital Materials tab above you will find Lisbon newspapers digitized from 1810-2012. Every year is not represented but thousands of newspapers are.
There are Lisbon yearbooks under the Digital Materials tab too. They are digitized and again not every year is there, but there is quite a large collection.
Besides these there is also databases to explore on all kinds of things from Lynda for online classes to the following under Ohio Web Library Databases:
Genealogy – Fold3 & Heritage Quest
DIY – Hobbies & Crafts, Home Improvement, Small Business Reference and Chilton Repair for Cars
Learn Something – Consumer Health, Transparent Language Learner & World Book Encyclopedia
Stay Current – EBSCOhost Magazine & newspaper articles