Lepper Library will hold a book sale on Friday, May 7th – 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. There will be a wide selection of adult, teen and children’s books; audios and movies. The prices are: hardbacks 50¢, paperbacks 25¢, audios & DVDs $1.00, all children’s books 25¢ and magazines are free with any purchase.
The sale will take place at the Library, 303 East Lincoln Way, Lisbon. For the sale you will enter at the garage off of Vine St.
Join Ms. Kathy on our Facebook page each Wednesday for storytime fun for children ages 5 and under.
4/7- Robot Fun
4/14- Ezra Jack Keats Award Winners
4/21- Earth Day
4/28- Y is for Yellow
Can’t make it at that time, no problem, they are recorded for you to watch later.
We have a new Local Cookbook collection of cookbooks that have been published in the area by local organizations, churches and other groups. They are shelved in our genealogy room and each contains local history of the organizations and the women that participated.
The Lepper Library is accepting donations of Community Cookbooks that are in good condition.
Sessions are offered every Thursday from 11:00 to 2:00
They will be in our Genealogy Room to ensure proper distance is maintained while assisting in your technology needs. Masks and gloves will be required!
These sessions cover basic usability and setup of device functions such as:
- Social media accounts
- email setup
- General device use, Zoom, etc.
Also, available are calls & emails at 330-424-3117 ask for RJ or email email@example.com
From our library Catalog you can now request materials from SearchOhio (public libraries) and OhioLINK (university libraries) as well as the PLUS members in the county (Columbiana, East Palestine, Salem & Wellsville libraries). It’s easy, all you need is your library card! We will call, email or text when it arrives, however you told us you want notified. You check it out here and return it here. This is a free service! If you have questions or want a demo ask a staff member.
Hoopla is digital content that is always available, no holds list. It includes eBooks, Digital Audiobooks, Streaming Videos, Streaming Music and Comics. The content can be streamed or downloaded to your device. All you need is a Lepper Library Card and you can check out 10 items a month. You will need to log on and make an account using your library card number and PIN. If you have any problems contact us at 330-424-3117.
The Library is open to patrons! Our hours are:
Monday & Thursday 9:00 am – 8:00 pm, Tuesday & Wednesday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, and Friday & Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
We are open using the CDC and Ohio Department of Health’s guidelines, along with the Battelle Study on library materials handling.
- *Minimum 6 feet between people (social distancing).
- *We require patrons to wear a face covering.
- *Patrons returning library materials are asked to use the book drops.
- *Returned materials will go through a 6 day quarantine period before being checked in by staff, cleaned and returned to shelves.
- *Maximum capacity of public at any one time to be 20 people.
- *Patrons may bring no food or drinks in building.
- *Book aisles limited to one person per aisle at any one time.
- *Plexiglas panels are in place at the circulation and librarian desks.
- *Computer usage will be limited to 1 hour per patron per day. Computers will be cleaned between patrons. Only 4 computers will be used to maintain social distancing. Staff can only help minimally with computers.
- *High touch surfaces throughout the library will be cleaned multiple times during open hours by staff.
- *Faxing and copying will be done by staff.
- *Notary services will be done by staff.
- *We will encourage patrons to come enjoy our services, but only remain in the building for an hour or so. We are limiting visit length.
- *Very limited seating and tables will be available for patrons.
- *All upcoming programs will be online to maintain social distancing and mass gatherings. There will be no in person programs at this time.
- *Public meeting rooms are unavailable at this time.
- *All toys and computers in the children’s area have been removed.
If patrons have any symptoms or are sick, please to not enter the building. We have continued our curbside service for patrons who are still uncomfortable in public spaces or are at risk.
How it works, the staff will offer curbside delivery of library materials to established patrons. A Lepper Library cardholder can request items in three different ways:
- From the catalog at www.lepperlibrary.org,
- Calling the library at (330) 424-3117 during business hours 9:00 – 6:00 Monday – Thursday and 9:00 – 5:00 Friday and Saturday,
- Or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests will require an hour in advance to gather and prepare for delivery. Patrons will park, stay in their vehicle and call the library at the time of their arrival. Staff will bring the materials out to the vehicle. Patrons will show their state ID to the staff. Materials to be returned can be placed in the appropriate drop box at the back of the building. Returned materials will be held in quarantine for up to 6 days before also being disinfected. Late fines will not be collected at this time. The building is open to the public.