Virtual Cooking Class – Tuesday, October 13 at 6:00 pm
Mama P’s Spaghetti & Meatballs
Nothing says fall like a good home cooked meal! Join Angel as she serves up a simple spaghetti and meatball recipe sure to warm your body and soul.
Mama P’s Spaghetti and Meatballs
Spaghetti Sauce Ingredients:
Medium onion diced
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 large can stewed tomatoes in sauce
1 large Prego sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large pot on medium heat olive oil, onion, and garlic to release flavor for about 5 minutes.
- Add Prego sauce, stewed tomatoes bay leaf, black pepper simmer on low heat for 2 -3 hours, stirring occasionally.
1 pound ground beef
Grated parmesan cheese
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl with hands to a firm, but mushy consistency.
- Using a medium scoop or your hands round small amounts of mixture into meatballs placing on a microwave safe plate lined with paper towels.
- Microwave meatballs for 2 minutes, then turning and microwaving for 2 more minutes to brown on the outside.
- Blot microwaved meatballs on a paper towel to absorb excess grease and drop into prepared sauce.
- Simmer in sauce for 21/2 to 3 hours.
When sauce and meatballs are ready prepare spaghetti noodles according to package directions, serve with garlic bread and salad!