Virtual Cooking Class – Thursday, August 10 at 6:00 pm
Want to make something sweet and tasty? Try making a Blueberry Pie with Angel on Facebook. The recipe will be on our website and Facebook page.
Angel’s Blueberry Pie Recipe
4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (cleaned and dried).
½ Cup flour
½ Cup sugar
¼ Cup lemon juice (or juice from two fresh squeezed lemons).
Pie Crust (store bought package of 2) or your own crust recipe at room temperature.
1 egg beaten with teaspoon water or milk.
1. Preheat oven to 350﮿. Sprinkle blueberries with flour and sugar, stirring to coat all the berries. Stir in lemon juice, mixing well. Once the berries are coated with the flour/sugar mixture and lemon juice. Let sit while preparing the crust.
2. Remove one of the two crusts from the package and unroll, gently pressing into a 9” pie dish lightly sprayed with non-stick spray.
3. Pour blueberry mixture into pie dish. Unroll the second crust over the blueberries, pressing bottom and top crusts together with a fork. Cut a slit in the middle of the pie to allow steam to be released during baking.
4. Place finished pie onto a baking sheet, bake 45-60 minutes until crust is golden brown and blueberries are bubbling, remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
5. Once pie is cooled, but still warm; slice and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.